The Dachstein 2,995 metres
Making a distinctive mountain in Austria:
- With an altitude of 2,995 metres, the Dachstein is one of the highest mountains in Austria
- The Dachstein is made of limestone and is therefore unique compared to other mountains in the region.
- The Dachstein offers numerous opportunities for adventure such as hiking, climbing, skiing and snowboarding.
- The Dachstein has a long history dating back to the Stone Age and offers unique archaeological sites such as the Dachstein Caves.
- The Dachstein offers many unique attractions: The Dachstein Skywalk, the suspension bridge, the staircase to nowhere, the ice caves, a glacier for numerous sporting opportunities such as skiing, cross-country skiing, freestyle, winter hiking ...